When you think about weight gain, you probably think overeating to excess or failing to get any activity. The reality is a simple 100 calories a day can make the difference in weight gain or loss.
Since every pound of body weight equals 3500 calories, two pounds translates into an extra 7000 calories. If you think in terms of saving 100 calories on a daily basis you can easily loose 2pounds /one kilogram weight in 70 days.
Making a change in your intake that equals 100 calories is very simple, try –
· One cup of whole grain cereal instead of two
· Tomato slices, lettuces leaves and pepper strips on a sandwich instead of mayo
· A bowl full of fruits instead of a slice of cake
· Two cups of skim milk per day instead of two cups of whole milk
· A cup of low – fat, sugar free yogurt, instead of a doughnut
· A cup of water flavored with a lemon instead of a soft drink
In addition to making small changes in food choices, increase activity by walking fifteen minutes a day or climb stairs instead of taking the elevator or other options