Prune fruit salad
250 Gms prune
200 Gms Red apples diced
100 Gms green apples diced
100 Gms rd & yellow pepper diced
2 tbsp celery
2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
1 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp toasted walnuts chopped
1 tbsp low fat hung curd
1 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
1 tsp zero or a pinch steiva
Salt & black pepper powder to taste
In a large salad bowl beat hung curd till it gets creamy texture then add low fat mayonnaise, mix well. Now add salt, pepper, zero and rosemary, mix it well and keep in a refrigerator. In another bowl mix prune, all the diced fruits and vegetables and pour dressing over it, toss well to mix. Chill in a refrigerator for half an hour and serve chill garnished with raisins and chopped walnuts.
Toasted Quinoa Salad
3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
1 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup minced parsley or cilantro
2 sliced green onions
juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime (or 1 - 2 tablespoons of each)
1-1/2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
2 cloves minced or pressed garlic
1 teaspoon chili sauce (tobasco) (or use a pinch of cayenne, a few red pepper flakes, etc.)
Rinse quinoa and drain. Put in a pot and dry toast until a few grains begin to pop. Add 1-1/2 cups of water, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
Mix carrot, red pepper, parsley and green onion in a large bowl. Add cold quinoa and toss tocombine, Whisk together lemon and lime juices, tamari, garlic and chili sauce. Pour over salad and combine well. Chill until serving time.
· This recipe can be fun. Try throwing in a few fresh raw peas, some fresh sliced raw green beans, etc.
SALSA BARLEY SALAD
· 200 gms whole barley pearls
· 2 medium tomatoes chopped
· 1 medium onion chopped
· 1 tbsp jalapeños peppers chopped
· 2 tbsp sliced olives
· ½ cup chopped green sweet pepper
· ½ cup red sweet pepper
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 2 tsp lemon juice
· 2 tbsp vinegar
· 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
· 2-3 green chillies
· ½ tsps chilli powder
· 1 tsp oregano
· 2 tsp chopped garlic/fresh basil fine chopped
· ½ tsp zero sugar/ground black pepper each
Cook barley in boiled water for 15 minutes or until done 90%,drain and keep it aside.
Combine the drained barley and tomatoes and onion,jalapeno peppers,olives and green and red sweet peppers in a large mixing bowl.Toss to mix well.For dressing combine oil ,lemon juice,vinegar,cilantro,chilli powder ,garlic sugar oregano,green chillies and black pepper in a bowl and mix well.
Add the dressing to the barley mixture,toss gently to coat.cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hrs and garnishes with fresh basil.Serve chilled.
· 3 medium cucumber
· 50 grams paneer
· 1 tsp freshly chopped dill or fresh coriander
· 2 pinch saunf pd
· ¼ tsp chopped green chilli
· 3 tsp fresh hung curd
· salt/pepper to taste
· Peel each cucumber than ,Scoop out from the center.Grate the paneer keep it aside.Cream the curd with your palm then add the dill or coriander,green chilli,salt/pepper,Saunf and add grated paneer.Fill the cucumber centers with the mixture.Cut onto round slices.Decorate with a fine julienneof red and green cabbage on a base and serve.
MARINATED BEAN SALAD
2 cups fresh green beans cut into 1 inch lengths
1/4th cup chick peas,drained and rinsed(White chana)
2 Tbsp minced onion
3 medium cloves garlic,pressed
1 large ripe fresh potato seeds and excess pulp removed,diced
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil(Tulsi).
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
3 tbsps fresh lemon juice
2-3 tbsp extravirgin olive oil/refined veg oil
salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil. Cut green beans by cutting ends.
- Cook green beans in lightly salted boiling water for just about 3-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain well in colander. Dry with paper towels so they don’t dilute flavor with excess water.
- Drain and rinse cooked CHICK PEAS. Let chick peas sit in colander for another couple of minutes to drain excess water.
- Mix all ingredients together. Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Transfer it into a bowl, serve chilled.
Soy day chunks 30gm
Paneer/tofu 30 gm
Corn ¼ cup
Broccoli(chopped) ¼ cup
Bell pepper (croutons) ¼ cup
Tomatoes (croutons) ¼ cup
Cucumber (croûtons) ¼ cup
Carrots (croûtons) ¼ cup
Lime juice 2 tb sp
Mint leaves (chopped) 10 -15
Vinegar ½ t sp
Sugar ½ tsp
Salt ½ tsp
Finely chopped green chili 1-2
Soak soy chunks in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain water and squeeze chunks.
Mix vinegar salt lime juice sugar grc .Marinade chunks and tofu / paneer in it for 10 minutes. Steam corn till tender.
Mix all the vegetables in a bowl , add chunks and lime juice. Garnish with mint leaves.
Relish bowl of complete meal.
PUFFED AMARANTH(CHOLAI) SALAD
*Preparation time:5 minutes *Cooking time: 0 minutes servings 4
Puffed amaranth 2 cup
Grated carrots 1/4th cup
Sliced cabbage 1/4th cup
Mint leaves few
Salad leaves few
Sliced bell pepper 1/4th cup
Steamed baby corn 3-4 cobs
Broccoli florets 1/4th cup
Sliced tomato skin 1/4th cup
Lime juice 1 tea sp
Salt to taste
Green chilly (finely chopped) 1
1. Mix all the chopped and sliced vegetables in a big bowl. Add salt and lime juice and toss it.
2. Sprinkle puffed amaranth on mix salad and toss it lightly.
3. Spread mix salad on bed of salad leaves and serve chilled salad.
Rich in calcium ,manganese and proteins.