MUESLI ICE CREAM
minutes *Cooking time:10 minutes *Serves
For the Ice-cream
For the Granola Bar
2 cups milk
½ cup crushed corn flakes
1 cup milk powder
½ cup quick rolled oates
½ cup(100 grams) fresh cream ¼ cup mixed chopped nuts(almonds,pistachio
1/3 cup powdered sugar walnuts,cashewnuts)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence 1 table
spoon melon seeds(charmagaz)
1 table spoon raisins
½ cup sugar
oil to grease
For the granola bars
- Lightly roast the oats,nuts and melon seeds and keep aside to
- When cooled, mix togethet the cornflakes with the nuts,roasted
oats melon seeds and raisins.
- Add the sugat in a heavy bottomed pan and melt it over gentle
heat,stirring continuously till the sugar is light brown in colour (caramelized ).
- Remove from the fire ,add the rest of the ingredients and mix
- Pour this mixture on to a greased marble or stoned surface.
- Using a large greased rolling pin, roll it out lightly to form
a square of approximately 200mm.*200mm.(8*8).
- While it is still warm,cut out rectangular bars of 25
- For the ice-cream crush into small pieces and keep aside.
For the Ice-cream
- Combine all the ingredients together and whisk well till the
- pour into a shallow container.Cover and freez3 till it is
- Churn in a blender til all the Ice crystals break down and
transfer into a shallow container.
- Add the ceushed granola bars and mix lightly.
- Transfer into a shallow container. Cover and freeze till
set.Scoop and serve.
Oatmeal prune cake
1-cup oatmeal flour
½ cup whole-wheat flour
1-1/2 cup skimmed milk
2 tbsp zero
1 tbsp low cal butter
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ baking powder
Salt a pinch
1 tsp cocoa powder
½ cup applesauce
3 tbsp chopped prune
1 tbsp almonds
Sieve both flours with salt
& baking powder together in a bowl. Then add milk, cocoa, applesauce,
vanilla, mix well with a whisker to a smooth batter. Now in a mixing bowl cream
sugar and butter together until its become creamy, add this mixture to
batter. Now whisk egg whites in a bowl
until frothy and pour over the batter, add prunes and mix well. Sprinkle
almonds and some prunes on top. Baked in a preheated oven at 200c for 30-35
minutes or until done.